The smell of whole wheat bread, just out of the oven, is one of my favorite childhood memories. Our family never bought bread from the store. Mom always baked it. I was embarrassed to take the odd, thick slices to school as a sack lunch sandwich, but I was plenty happy to eat it straight out of the oven at home! Warm and smothered with butter and honey, it is a glorious piece of heaven. Mom baked it recently and was happy to share her recipe here.... Read More
I've landed on a little farm...
treasure hunting in fields...
unearthing a neglected faith.
Click here to read more about me and my family.
- Signs of Fruitfulness
- Spring: A Walk Around the Farm
- Skipping Church
- Sweet Potato Haul
- Asking God the Big, Scary Questions (Waiting on an Answer)
- Scripture Art Journaling: I Am With You
- Three Sheets to the Wind: Cognitive Flexibility and Self-Control
- Water Off a Duck’s Back: How Forgiveness Protects Me
- Leaving My Childhood Church
- Irish Determination